Thanksgiving is just around the corner! For families all across the country this means there will be a picture-picture roast turkey as the dinner centerpiece. But, what can you do if you don’t like turkey? Here are some great and delicious alternatives to a Thanksgiving turkey.
- Pork. If your family prefers pork, there are numerous ways to cook it that will not only be delicious and crowd pleasing.
- Crown Roast of Pork. For a dish that is truly the centerpiece and more than picture-worthy, try a pork crown roast. With just a little bit of preparation, you can enjoy this majestic dish.
- Slow–roasted pork. With this method, you’ll have meat that is so tender it is falling off the bone. Add some fruit, like cranberries or kumquats for a delightful fall feast.
- Poultry. Even if you don’t like turkey, you can still have other poultry for Thanksgiving.
- Perfect Roast Chicken. You can still get that traditional look of a roast turkey, but on a smaller scale with a chicken. And, since it’s smaller, it won’t take as long to cook.
- Cornish Game Hens. These tiny birds have a delicious rich flavor. These would be ideal for a small group Thanksgiving and you could cook one bird for every one to two people.
- Non-meat. If your family is vegetarian, try these meat-free options for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.
What is your preferred main dish for Thanksgiving?