Road & Track recently put eight of the greatest new sports cars from all over the world to the test to determine which one was the best. The result? The Ford Shelby GT350R Mustang was named the Performance Car of the Year.
The Shelby GT350R, the Performance Car of the Year according to Road & Track!
The eight powerhouse cars were a lineup car enthusiasts could only dream about. It included the 2015 Bentley Continental GT3-R, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, 2016 Ferrari 488 GTB, 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R, 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S, and 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4.
To be considered for this award, cars had to be street-legal while at the same time pushing their performance to the max with competitive lap times.
Road & Track writes, “GT350R is the Mustang that all Mustangs have been waiting to become.”
It is also worth noting that the Mustang is also the least expensive car on this list. It walked away with the award after a runaway vote.
The Shelby GT350R is powered by a high-revving, flat-plane crankshaft 5.2-liter V8 engine. This powerhouse is rated at 526 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque and is the most track-capable Mustang ever produced.
If you’re interested in a Mustang, take a look at our inventory!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! For families all across the country this means there will be a picture-picture roast turkey as the dinner centerpiece. But, what can you do if you don’t like turkey? Here are some great and delicious alternatives to a Thanksgiving turkey.
The bird doesn’t have to be the word with these alternatives to a Thanksgiving turkey
- Pork. If your family prefers pork, there are numerous ways to cook it that will not only be delicious and crowd pleasing.
- Crown Roast of Pork. For a dish that is truly the centerpiece and more than picture-worthy, try a pork crown roast. With just a little bit of preparation, you can enjoy this majestic dish.
- Slow–roasted pork. With this method, you’ll have meat that is so tender it is falling off the bone. Add some fruit, like cranberries or kumquats for a delightful fall feast.
- Poultry. Even if you don’t like turkey, you can still have other poultry for Thanksgiving.
- Perfect Roast Chicken. You can still get that traditional look of a roast turkey, but on a smaller scale with a chicken. And, since it’s smaller, it won’t take as long to cook.
- Cornish Game Hens. These tiny birds have a delicious rich flavor. These would be ideal for a small group Thanksgiving and you could cook one bird for every one to two people.
- Non-meat. If your family is vegetarian, try these meat-free options for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.
- Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna. This delightful pasta dish uses fall flavors for a wonderful combination.
- Wild Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna. Another great fall dish that will surely wow your guests is this lasagna packed with flavor.
What is your preferred main dish for Thanksgiving?