While there’s a lot of craziness going on during Black Friday sales, it’s often the first time to see the season’s holiday decorations.
It’s the biggest shopping day of the year and it’s right around the corner. How can you avoid too much bustle and traffic and cash in on the deals? Follow this advice for a successful Black Friday.
For the best Black Friday results, you’ll want to do your research ahead of time. Learn what sales are where and during what time. Then, prioritize. Much to many a shopper’s dismay, no one can be two places at once, so you may have to choose. Unless, of course, you can rely on teamwork and follow the next bit of advice.
Half of the fun of Black Friday shopping can be going with a group. However, desperate times call for desperate measures, and if there are two bargains you don’t want to miss, split up to make both sales. Afterwards, you can rejoin over a relaxing coffee break and celebrate your successfully efficient plan.
Make the Bad Parts Fun
No one is particularly fond of waiting in long lines or driving in chaotic traffic. Keep the spirits high by coming prepared for these conditions. Bring a fun playlist to listen to in the car and some magazines or game books to look at while waiting in line. Pack a few snacks, as well. No one likes a “hangry” shopper!
Knowing what to do when your car won’t start can save you a lot of time and money!
If your car won’t start, there are a few things you can do to test what the problem is and see if it’s something you can fix. If it is, you’ll save money on a tow truck.
If you can’t turn the key and the engine seems to be stuck, you may just have a problem with your wheels being turned too far from when you parked. Turn the wheel back to a straighter position and try again. If it still doesn’t work, try a spare key if you have one.
If you turn the key but nothing happens at all, this is usually a sign of a bad battery. Your battery life may be running out or your connection may be weak. Try to turn on the lights. If they seem dim, this is a sign of a dead battery. Call your roadside assistance or a good friend with jumper cables and ask them to come out and help you jump your battery. Then take it right to a parts store to get tested.
If the car cranks but doesn’t turn over when you try to start it, this is a harder problem to figure out on your own and it’s time to call for a tow or roadside assistance. Often the problem is a frozen fuel line, and it’s something you need to take in and have looked at.
Get your car in tip-top shape before you go back to school!
It’s that time of year again: back to school season. And as you know, with back to school season comes back to school car maintenance. So, before you start the school year, you will want your car to be in top shape.
Here is a list of some routine maintenance to keep in mind:
- If your car is due for an oil change, now is the time to make an appointment.
- Consult your owner’s manual to discover the optimal tire pressure, and see to it that your tires match that amount.
- Make sure that both your air conditioning and heating are working properly, especially if you haven’t used one in a while.
- Fill up your windshield wiper fluid reservoir with fresh fluid.
- And lastly, consider stocking your vehicle with a first-aid kit if you haven’t already, as well as some fresh water.
To meet with someone in our service department or, of course, to take a new vehicle out for a spin, contact us anytime at Jimmy Michel Motors.
Tornados are extremely unpredictable so knowing what to do ahead of time is important.
Summertime weather is usually famous for sunny days and hot temperatures. However, the summer weather is also famous for being unpredictable. Warm and cold fronts often clash during the summer months. The consequences of this violent change in weather can often come in the form of a tornado! Tornados can cause a ton of damage, so it is important to know how to prepare for a tornado. Fortunately, there are several ways you can ensure you and your family are safe before a tornado touches down!
- There is often a period of warning before severe summer storms strike! Take this time to ensure that any dead or damaged branches from the trees surrounding your property are removed to minimize damages.
- Other outside objects that can damage your property during a storm include yard furniture. Move this furniture from the patio to the inside of your home!
- You should have a certain room in your home selected as a designated safe room in case of a tornado. This room should be below the ground if at all possible and should preferably lack windows.
Tornados can happen at any time. That is why it is so important that you be prepared for them at all times! Make sure that you and your family take the necessary precautions to stay safe this summer.
Reach out to us at Jimmy Michel Motors or comment below for any extra tips on how to prepare for a tornado.